2013 and another selection of lovely Bikes to Demo at Our Annual Demo Weekend!
Saturday 2nd March
Show Day in the Bikeseven Cycle Centre in Longtown Carlisle.
Sunday 3rd March
Demo Day at the Dykecroft Trail Centre at 7Stanes Newcastleton.
We will have superb catering by Philip Hedley available on site in the Dykecroft Cafe, changing facilities, and a plethora of bikes :). Brands provisionally secured sofar: Bionicon, Kona, Orbea and Saracen.
Riders and visitors will be pleased that our friends at 2Pure and Clif bar are again making Clif Shot electrolyte drinks generously available with a FREE Clif drinks bottle.
There will again be a small Bikeseven special price accesory sale display and we are introducing a bring and buy table for you to bring and pick up deals unique to Border Blast riders and visitors.
What we suggest you bring with you:
- Yourself - This is a no brainer!
- Identification (Drivers License/Passport): This is essential, No ID, No Riding of shiny bikes! We also ask you to complete a British Cycling form ar the event is reggistered wth BC and th Forrestry Commision
- Appropriate Clothing: It may be wet, it may be dry, we don't know, it is the Borders after all!
- Your own pedals and shoes: If you want to try the bikes with your usual cycling footwear. (Standard flat pedals will be on all bikes otherwise.)
- Your own Cycling Gear: HELMET!!! We won't give you a bike without one! Also, We won't have enough multi-tools and puncture repair kits to go round, we'll help out where we can, but otherwise bring your own.
You will have to fill in a few forms on the day, so bring your writing hands as well!
So if you have any questions or know which bikes you would like to Demo and what time, please email us.
If your haven't ridden at Newcastleton 7Stanes before, there's a skill's loop with practice obstacles for honing your skills. A Red Trail, that can be done in 45 minutes or 90 minutes! with lots of lovely single track and a nice little Red Graded downhill section at the end. There is also a blue trail ( with red options) which will take about 30 minutes which has some really nice fast sweeping single track, the link to 7Stanes is below, click for more info.