BORDER BLAST 2018
Sunday 4th March 2018
Demo Day at Rock UK 7Stanes Newcastleton. This day will involve lots of outdoor cycling, a great day for some keen cyclists to demo a bike of their choice. Ideal for novices and experts.
The Bikeseven Border Blast 2018 is your chance to come and join us and demo some of the new fantastic 2018 bikes in the wonderful Scottish/English border regions. We will have fine catering and also changing facilities and a plethora of bikes. Brands that will be supporting us for our 5th annual demo day include: Bergamont, Diamondback, KTM, Moustache, Marin, Haibike, Kona, Orbea, Saracen and Scott. There will again be a small Bikeseven Special Price Accessory Sale display, including tyres, tubes, clothing and more.To top it all Philip Hedley and his Copshaw Catering team will serve Fresh Local fayre and hot and cold drinks.
Simply turn up on the day or book a bike for a chance to win some exclusive prizes, in the Bikeseven free to enter prize draw.
How to book - OPENS 18/02/2018!!!
We've made the booking of the bikes as easy as buying items from Our online shop. Easy as 1,2,3!
1. Look on the left, or below, for the tabs with the Bike Brands and choose a Brand you'd like to Demo.
2. Choose a Model you'd like to demo and a time slot.
Click 'Add to cart'
Here you have two options, go through the checkout or select other bikes to demo in the same way.
(if you plan to demo a few bikes, give yourself enough time between time slots on the day to chill out, have a brew and adjust the next model you plan to take out.)
Once you get to the checkout stage, you can enter your details, then enter a password for the next time you use Bikeseven's Online shop. The time slots are an hour long, which is enough time to get setup on the bike and ride the blue Trail. (If a bike says its out of stock, please check other time slots)
Your booking is complete, we'll see you at Border Blast 2018!
Please note that you are not buying the bikes, you are booking a time slot to ride that specific bike FREE. However, you can talk to us on the day if you want to buy one of our demo bikes, of course they will be at a discounted price, due to being demo’d.
Still not sure how to go about booking; just give us a call and we'll help 01228 792497.
What we suggest you bring with you on the demo day:
- Identification (Drivers License/Passport): This is essential, no ID, no riding shiny bikes. We also ask you to complete a British Cycling Form as the event is registered with British Cycling and the Forestry Commission.
- Appropriate Clothing: It may be wet, it may be dry, we don’t know, it is the Borders after all.
- Your own pedal and shoes (if you want to try bikes with your own cycling footwear) otherwise standard flat pedals will be on all bikes.
- Your own cycling gear: A helmet, we wont give you a bike without one. Also, we won’t have enough multi-tools and puncture repair kits to go round, we will help out where we can but otherwise bring your own.
- You will have to fill in a few forms on the day, so bring your writing hands as well
- A Parent. If you are under 16, you will need parental consent to ride.
So if you have any questions or know which bikes you would like to Demo and what time slot you would like, please do not hesitate to call us on 01228 792497 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not ridden at Newcastleton 7Stanes before, there’s a skills loop with practice obstacles for honing your skills and a fantastic new PumpTrack.. A Red Trail, that can be done in 2 hrs with lots of lovely singletrack and a nice little red-graded downhill section at the end. There is also a Blue Trail which will take about 45 minutes which has some really nice fast sweeping singletrack, click here to view more information about 7stanes.
Saturday 3rd March 2018
Show day at Bikeseven Cycle Service, Longtown, Carlisle. We have a fantastic range of brands including Marin, Kona, Orbea & Saracen to view before you get the chance to demo them. A great day for people who consider the different MTB options; 29ers, 27.5's , PLUS & full suspension bikes and now also Electric MTB Bikes! This is your chance to view 2018's range of bikes. Cookies, coffee & tea served throughout the day.